Friday, June 11, 2010

Karmic Adventures

Now, I'm not about to go all hippy on your arse (although my underarm hair may beg to differ), however I am about to share with you esoteric tales of other worldly charm.  (In other words, I've been indulging my spiritual self of late and am about to share with you lucky souls my experience.) 

It's been an interesting journey thus far and has taken me to the far reaches of the Coffs Coast (not that far, really but sounds intriguing (right?).  Beginning with a visit from a good Melbourne friend, Micko went to help some mates move and Kath and I spent the day in Bello doing girly shit... a vintage clothing fair, some of my favourite shops and then a trip to the insanely beautiful Promised Land - a place where the Never Never creek meanders it's way through the landscape (absolutely breathtaking and instantly relaxing).  On the way home, I remembered there was a pyschic fair on in Coffs... so we made a detour to see what our destinies held in store.

'Twas the local 'Catholic Club'... not the first place that springs to mind when you mention the words 'Pyschic Fair'!  In a dark and dingy room four psychics sat twiddling their thumbs - not a punter in sight.  From a white board we chose the pyschic that stood out the most.  I chose an older woman (aren't they all aging - I think it's a prerequisite for the job) who, amongst other 'abilities', mentioned 'Medium', 'Aura Readings' and 'Tarot'... that was enough for me to make a decision.   Kath chose a guy... The others gave us death stares!

I took up a pew, the Pyschic started madly scribbling away with her coloured pastels on a piece of photocopied paper with the outline of a body.  She pressed 'record' on her, clearly almost older than me (massive exaggeration), tape recorder.  The session began...

'I'm sensing a very strong presence... Your Grandmother...'

Chills went down my spine, hair stood on end (mainly the underarm as it's so wildly out of control) and tears started to well in my eyes.   

I was going to type out some of the conversation we had... but it would be so long I'd definitely lose your attention (and lets face it... it's almost as boring as hearing in detail someone else's dream - unless you're into analysing them of course - perhaps I might give that a go too).  

The things she went on to mention were as random as knowing how she passed, that we'd alway drink a cup of tea together, her big warm and lovely hugs, her melting moments, the Christmas pudding, her intense dislike of the word 'Grandmother' and that she was just 'Nan', that my bro and I had been discussing going to Thailand, and that I was coming into a little money (that my folks are passing on from Nan's estate)...   

Needless to say, it was a bizarre experience... whether or not her predictions will eventuate seems relatively unimportant... she helped me get one more step outside of the grief.  I actually feel like a bit of weight has been lifted.

I must also keep my eye open for a man with grey hair who will share the same work ethic and integrity as I do... and watch my nether region - not in that order, and not mutually exclusive, of course!

In other news... I'm heading to Byron for the weekend and surprising the lovely Krabes with a much deserved couple of hours in a day spa - including an hour massage... 

I. can't. wait!

I'll try not to piss in the pool... 

but I can't promise anything!


12 comments:

Jandy xx said...

wow! how interesting, and how awesome, I went to the mind body spirt expo last year and there was a 2 hour wait to see a psycic! Obviously your Nan knows you miss her, and shes there with you, cant wait to hear if anything comes of her predictions

foxy said...

Wow... that even sent chills up MY spine! I find that stuff so interesting. Glad you got a little more closure from it.

"Seattle" Heather said...

That is very awesome Karls...it's hard to loose someone you love. But it helps when you get hints from them after they've passed. Enjoy your day at the spa...you fucking lucky bitch. :)

Hugs from Seattle!

"Seattle" Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HeatherLynn said...

Interesting, VERY interesting. If she had any skills at all, she SHOULD pick up on your Nan, you talk about her so lovingly, so often here, i imagine she IS a presence in your life, even after her passing.

I'm happy you got a good reading and one that brought "happy" tears to yours eyes!

Enjoy the spa luv!
~hl~

Christine Vi said...

I've never been to a psychic before, and that's intensely interesting. It's great that you feel better after talking to her. Have a great weekend and I hope you share any fun you've had.

Kellyansapansa said...

Amazing. I've only ever been to a psychic three times in my life. One of them was so spooky that I've never felt the need to go again, as I'm sure I would only be disappointed in comparison.

Have a great weekend away!

Candice said...

Whatever it takes to get that closure.

Note to self. Never swim in the same pool as you. ;)

Sharni said...

I went to a great psychic in sydney - I have it all on tape and it has all unfolded - back when I was an absolute wrecked party city party girl, she told me I would leave that life behind - start writing on the internet and experimenting with a more spiritual life... now back then she may aswell have told me pigs would fly... but I listened to it recently and oh my, so accurate. I bet she did sense your Nan. Hope that helped you lovely. I am back blogging soon and will feature your site when I do!! No peein' in the pool. x

jessalyn said...

i have always wanted to try a psychic and this is definitely persuading me more. i have always felt that my grandmother is still with me, and clearly yours is too!

have a fab weekend! and save the peeing for when you are in the ocean. just in case they have that dye stuff in the pool. (is that real or an urban legend??)

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site karlosophies.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin