Monday, May 23, 2011

The art of being grateful...

I've had this off and on sore throat for about a week now... Last night I had a shitty sleep and the rest of the cold, that I'd managed to ward off up until this point, hit with full force.  Today, it's cold, wet and miserable. I feel lethargic, snotty and to add insult to injury, I'm also riding the crimson wave (mature, I know)!

I guess I'm kind of having one of 'those days'.  Finding it hard to drag my arse off the couch to do anything!  I'm wallowing in self pity... beating up on myself for wallowing in self pity... then I'm wallowing in self pity for beating up on myself for wallowing in self pity...  
It's the kind of day when nothing is really going majorly wrong, but nothing is really going right either.

I'm not moving forward... I feel stagnant and stale.  Uninspired.

Micko rang earlier and he's had a prick of a day (perhaps it's in the stars?).  The guy he works for called him 'a bloody idiot' this morning and he almost grabbed his shit and walked out.  I've told Micko a million times before that if he's not happy, he should just walk out - and I've totally meant it.  Doors always seem to open once you allow one to close behind you.  But, when he said he'd almost walked out I felt the anxiety hit.  And for absolutely no reason - we've proved to ourselves time and time again that things always work out.  

Yep... I'm having one of 'those days'.

I'm not a fan of 'those days'.  

Negativity breeds negativity.  Once you're in that mindset, it's hard to break out of it... So things keep happening that reinforce your current mindset. 

So, right now I'm going to take a moment.  And I'm going to attempt to turn it all around.  

After all, there is so much I've got to be grateful for!  

I'm waiting on the delivery guy to drop off a parcel that I've been waiting for.... a leather jacket - which is GORGEOUS!  And it's going to be here just in time for me to pack it in my suitcase for my trip to Hobart!  My own little adventure to see what the future holds in store.  How exciting! 

I've got the opportunity to try new things... to follow my dreams!  
Everyday is different... everyday brings a new lesson, a new outlook... everyday I grow and learn...
everyday I love myself, and those around me, even more.

I wake up each morning (that in itself is a blessing).  I have a roof over my head.  I have food in my belly and clean drinking water.  I am healthy (besides a little shitty head cold - which will disappear in a day or two).  I'm surrounded by people who love me... who want the best for me... who encourage me to be the best I can be.  

I can breathe.  I can think.  I can love.  

I am free.

And I am turning this day around. 

I'm not going to concern myself with what will be - it's largely out of my hands.  
I'm not going to focus on what I don't have, what's going wrong or what's missing from my day... 
Instead, from here on in, I'm going to focus on all that I do have. 
And be grateful for every last little thing (including this pretty shitty day, which has instead been a blessing and lead me to sit here and type this post). 

How lucky (well, happy) I truly am.

Let's turn that frown upside down.

1 comment:

Jandy xx said...

i hope you managed to turn that frown upside down baby cakes xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin