Well, well, well... it's been a while between updates, hasn't it!
Is there fear that I'll leave some people behind?
But there is also much excitment about the people I'll meet in the boarding lounge.
Fear and anticipation, excitement and nervousness... they have similar attributes, right? I can't speak for anyone else, yet I feel although on opposite sides of the feeling spectrum, they raise similar feelings...
butterflies, antsy-ness, a sudden need to take a dump. I'm sure you relate.
On this rapid take off to a better me I've discovered a few little lessons I thought I'd share..
* The past has passed for a reason. Acknowledge it, learn from it and then let it go. No good can come from hanging onto it for dear life. It, or they, may have served you then, but if it, or they, no longer do? It's time to let go. By hanging on, you are taking up the space required for better things to come your way. Your past may have defined who you are, but it is you who defines who you become.
Although I thought I'd left the passed in the past, I've realised I've been hanging onto it like that fucking hideous pair of size 10 jeans hanging up in my wardrobe hoping I'll one day fit into them. Bye bye now! They'll still be fucking ugly... even if I am a size 10.
* Only when you are ready do things eventuate... and not a minute before
* Meditation really is a great thing! There is a reason the most together and happy of people keep suggesting it... there is also probably a reason you've avoided it. Think about it. I know that, for me, I didn't like myself enough to be alone with myself. The thought frightened the shit outta me (ahhh... now I understand that saying!)
* Find people who inspire you... not always people who you inspire. (I was actually just about to apologise for this one, but I'm not going to as sometimes those who inspire you are, in turn, those you inspire.)
* Take yourself out on a date. Do something that is not for anybody else but you... and do it once a week. It's amazing how difficult, but totally rewarding it can be).
* It's totally okay to be who you are... a friend had this as a facebook status; 'You are valuable just because you exist. Not because of what you do or have done, but simply because you ARE.' How nice would it feel to actually believe this? Well, try it on for size. I'm totally going with it.
* Often people give praise and encouragement to those they think need it. Although, sometimes the ones you think don't need it, are the ones that could benefit from it the most. Find someone you truly admire, but perhaps have been embarrassed to tell them so... bite the bullet. Go on! I dare you!
* When shit is going down in your life, stop, take the time to connect to your surroundings... Listen, feel, smell, breathe... What sounds can you hear? What can you see around you? Notice the smells... Feel you bum on the seat... the cold on your hands... your feet on the floor... Take a breath and be thankful you are alive and breathing. The rest can be changed. Each breath we take is truly a blessing.
I could keep going on and on and on and on... but I won't. I've taken a moment to be present.. and I've realised I can hardly feel my feet and hands from the cold... and toilet pit stop would be a blessing!
Have a great weekend!