Friday, December 4, 2009

Friends Friday - I mean, Family Friday...

Children in my life is a relatively new concept.  The first I was re-introduced to little people was my now niece, Piper.  I met her on Micko and my first date (Dave and Krabes wedding)... She was around 18 months old, bald as a badger and proudly pushing her own stroller along.


Ned was to follow... then the surprise arrival of the little bundle of joy that is Gidget.  And now, I'm a proud aunt of 3 of the best looking little fanta pants you ever did see!


Jack (my brother-in-law) has recently started shooting professionally.  His work with children is incredible - in fact, his photographs all round are not just technically fantastic but visually awe inspiring!  And just to show off how adorable my little relatives are... Here is some of Jack's handy work:


First came the lovely Piper...  Now 7 years old - freaks me out that she's not in nappies, stringing a couple of words together...





And Ned followed a couple of years later - he looks like an angel...  Now 5 and heading off to big boys school next year - it seems like just yesterday we were sitting around Jude's dining table, Lu with her chair pushed right back to make way for her watermelon of a belly.



And the happy, delightful Gidget...  Wow how time flies!



Granted, Lu took this one... 4 in the bed and the little one said... 
This is just so adorable I couldn't help myself!  One of the times I like children the most - when they are sleeping!



Gidget recently celebrated her 1st birthday and Micko and I picked her up an adorable little dress for summer.  Jack emailed this through this morning...

I'm thinking perhaps I want kids just so I can give them cool names, dress them in rad outfits and play games.  What?  You say it's more work than that?  Huh, well forget it!  I'll just take the cuddles I can steal on visits thanks very much!  Oh and of course buy them presents!


Check Jack's work out here:  
If you're anywhere from the NSW North Coast to north of Brisbane... give him a go!  You know what they say... blink and you'll miss it!  And looking at these pics... I'm glad Jack's philosophy seems to be  'click or you'll miss it'.  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what cuties!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I gave my kid a cool name, dress him up in super sweet ensembles but dang....it's a whole lotta work. Ah ha ha. Totes worth it though!

bananas. said...

"bald as a badger"? hahaha. i love that!

these photos are amazing! what great shots. i think the only appeal for me having kids is to show them off but knowing my luck i'll probably have kids with extra limbs and three eyes.

kate said...

awesome pics - and now i see where your love of rangas comes from ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin